Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

What I love about teaching....

It's hard to know where to begin.  I truly love what I do (most days).  Below is the list in no particular order about the best job I've ever had. 

1.  I love learning.  A few of the thing I have learned this year are ......
Where Uzbekistan is
Who Thich Nhat Hanh is
That an sand dollar is considered a Clypeasteroida.
All the parts of a flower
What a preposition is.
Where Van Gogh was born


2. I love to see the children learning.  When they come back from the Art Gallery and tell me they recognized a picture painted by Tom Thompson it makes me smile from ear to ear.  Or when they finally understand division and their eyes light up- it makes my day!

3. Integrating peace education is a crucial part of our curriculum at school.  When the children implement the values I have tried so hard to instill in them without prompting, it's remarkable.

4. Gift cards!  The families at my school are amazing and every so generous.  I typically recieve anywhere from $100- $300 in gift cards in a year!  Thank you.

5. Summer Break- March Break- Christmas Break

6. I love being creative!  I enjoy setting up bulletin boards, coming up with craft ideas

7. It's never the same.  Everyday is different.  Everyday is new.  Each year I have new students, new challenges, new themes and new curriculum. 

8. The students- they give me the opportunity to work on patience, share my enthusiasm and they inspire me.  They are full of energy, light and love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment