It's hard to know where to begin. I truly love what I do (most days). Below is the list in no particular order about the best job I've ever had.
1. I love learning. A few of the thing I have learned this year are ......
Where Uzbekistan is
Who Thich Nhat Hanh is
That an sand dollar is considered a Clypeasteroida.
All the parts of a flower
What a preposition is.
Where Van Gogh was born
2. I love to see the children learning. When they come back from the Art Gallery and tell me they recognized a picture painted by Tom Thompson it makes me smile from ear to ear. Or when they finally understand division and their eyes light up- it makes my day!
3. Integrating peace education is a crucial part of our curriculum at school. When the children implement the values I have tried so hard to instill in them without prompting, it's remarkable.
4. Gift cards! The families at my school are amazing and every so generous. I typically recieve anywhere from $100- $300 in gift cards in a year! Thank you.
5. Summer Break- March Break- Christmas Break
6. I love being creative! I enjoy setting up bulletin boards, coming up with craft ideas
7. It's never the same. Everyday is different. Everyday is new. Each year I have new students, new challenges, new themes and new curriculum.
8. The students- they give me the opportunity to work on patience, share my enthusiasm and they inspire me. They are full of energy, light and love.