Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Parent Teacher Interviews

The dreaded parent teacher conferences.  You prepare, stress and re-think what you will say. Then before you know it- it's here....

Today when Sadies' mom arrived for her daughter's parent-teacher conference, I scrambled to get her report in order, and some samples of her work.   I began the conference as I always do, by telling her that her daughter is a joy to have in class.  Then I typically review the report card and move on to "sandwiching" a great attribute, a not so great, and another special quality Sadie has.  In this particular case, I started telling her that her little girl didn't always pay attention in class and, at times, need assistance with organization.  "For example, sometimes she'll do the wrong page in her workbook," I explained, "and I've even found her sitting at the wrong desk."

"I don't understand any of that," replied Sadie's mom defensively. "Where could she have gotten that?"
I went on to assure her that her daughter was still doing fine in school and was a sweet and likeable little girl. After pausing for a moment, I added, "By the way,  our appointment was for tomorrow."

Joke adapted from http://www.ncbuy.com/humor/jokes_view.html?jkv=11623

16 comments: