Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

Are You Nuts?!!!

As most schools are- we are a nut free facility.  We have been since the doors opened and its in every policy and procedures manual the parents receive, mentioned at our curriculum nights and reminded to the parents when food is sent home due to its ingredients.  But today as I was helping to warm up food, and getting spoons and wiping up messes and tending to the lunch time mayhem-  a  child approached me and told me that one of the kids had brought peanuts.  What?!  Are you kidding me!  This is not some fruit snack with some fine print, or a new warning label on an otherwise trustworthy company- this was a big bag full of peanuts. 

The children in my class are very receptive  and understanding to why we do not have peanuts in our classroom- I explained it to them on day one.  (Jack) could get sick, very sick.  Why cannot parents see how serious this is?!

No comments:

Post a Comment