Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2012

They never taught me this in school...

I can clearly remember my elementary days; the lessons about Dinosaurs, the dreadful integers, the grammar lessons, but one thing I cannot seem to recall is learning much about geography.  I have posted below some cool materials for the classroom all about Land and Water Forms. 

I introduce this lesson by having the students take some brown clay and make different island shapes on blue (water) paper.  We talk about islands we know about and search for them in the Atlas.  I then let them know there are other land forms and show them pictures and we discuss the forms they make. 

We then talk about water forms such as any lakes they are familiar with, what you can do at lakes and point some out on our provincial map.   I then introduce some other water forms and locate them on an Atlas. 


No comments:

Post a Comment